Moments from The
Ok, I know we do a million of these on the board,
but I just wanted to share my favorite and most heartbreaking moments
of TTT. (In no particular order)
1. Upon hearing that the Uruks smell “man flesh”, Pippin murmurs
“Aragorn” and a ray of hope lights up his face.
2. Gimli, muttering that Dwarves are wasted on distance, they are
3. Theoden weeping over Theodred’s grave
4. Haldir’s awkward return hug and little smile as Aragorn embraces him
at Helms Deep.
5. The Ent on fire running into the unleashed river and dipping himself
6. The look of helpless resignation on
Frodo’s face as he offers himself up for sacrifice to the ring and the
Nazgul who would take it from him.
7. “Its your Sam - Don’t you know your Sam?”
8. The single tear sliding down Grima’s face as he beholds the army of
9. “Forth Eorlingas!”
10. Arwen in despair at Aragorn’s side in death.
11. Legolas flipping onto Gimli’s horse
during the Warg attack AND sliding down the wall of Helm’s Deep on a
orc shield, shooting all the way. Elves Rule!
12. “There won’t BE a shire, Pippin.”
13. “I’ll have no pointy-ear outscoring me!”
14. “Looks like meat’s back on the menu, boys!!”
15. In the forest, at the end…Frodo’s face
when he says ”I want to hear more about Sam; Frodo wouldn’t have gotten
far without Sam.” And Sam's face when he says to himself,
“Samwise the Brave.”
Additions by The Foe Hammer:
When Gandalf says "Theoden King stands alone" and Eomer comes up and
says "Not alone"
Gimli in the scene with Eowyn "He fell" (literally and figuratively)
Gollum's look after Sam gives his speech.
Faramir "Then it is forfeit."
Ten Lines that Wouldn't have been Nearly as Impressive
if they'd had a Bad Cold
9. "Theh ib stih hobe."
8. "Ah wooh hab fallob you, ma brubbuh, ma capon, ma kin!"
7. "Nahn combanyahns...you sall be da Feddowsihb ob da Hween!"
6. "Thuh dwahh beeves so lowe-wee hwe couh hab shob hihm in thuh dok."
5. "You hab ma sode."
4. "Lehd theb cohm! Theh ib yed wa dwahh ib Mobia thah stih dwahs
3. "Ib a pibby Biboh dibbunt kih hib wheh he hab a chass!"
2.. "Ah am ah thuhvunt ob da theecret fahr, hweildoh ob da fwame ob
1. "Behode...thuh Ahgonahh!"
Custom LOTR Paint Colors for your Home...or
By Blob, boriel and Calafalas one night at the Pony
Matt Heathertoes Heather
Quickbeam Cream (fast drying of course)
Smeagols Shiny Sheen
Precious Purple Pleasure and Pain
Treebeard Tangerine(brought to you by Fangorn's Forest Friendly
paints) - HobbitNaga
Merry Mauve - JennanOPossums
Denethor Denim - Leggy Pants
Rosie Rose ( of course !) - Rosie Cotton
Bright Galadriel White (slightly metallic)
Earthy Samwise Brown (a shade darker than khaki)
Ooh! Khaki of Khazad-Dum!
Aubergine of Arwen
Glorfindel Gold - Lothithil
Top Ten Reasons Legolas
Spent Time Away From The Fellowship While In Caras Galadhon:
10. Sam kept eavesdropping on private conversations he had with a
9. Gimli kept asking him if he would get him Galadriel’s autograph.
8. Frodo kept sneaking up behind him while wearing the ring and saying
7. He would have starved because the hobbits kept snitching food off
his plate when he wasn’t looking.
6. Merry and Pippen wanted him to help them build a tree house.
5. He was obligated to spend time with the relatives (we’ve all been
down that road).
4. He needed to have his braids redone at the Braids-R-Us Salon.
3. He was tired of watching Frodo and Sam making faces in Galadriel’s
2. He couldn’t stand to listen to Boromir singing Three Coins in the
Fountain while in the shower.
And the number one reason Legolas spent time away from the Fellowship
while in Caras Galadhon:
1. Tolkien wrote it that way.
Top Ten Things You Should Not Give As Christmas Presents to The LOTR
10. A brightly colored Hawaiian Shirt for Gandalf.
9. An all expense paid vacation to see the Giant Redwoods for Gimli.
8. A Water Garden for Saruman’s Tower.
7. A year supply of glass cleaner for Galadriel’s Mirror.
6. A Free offer from a Dating Service for Arwen.
5. A Gift Certificate from a Sushi Restaurant for Sam.
4. A Gold Crown for Aragorn (he still doesn’t want to be the King).
3. A Gift Certificate to a Weight Loss Clinic for all the Hobbits.
2. A Toy Bow and Arrows (with the suction cup ends) for Legolas.
1. A Gold Ring for Frodo.
Top 10 LOTR
Reasons You Know it is Hot Outside
1. You know it is hot outside when the One Ring melts in 2.5 seconds.
2. You know it is hot outside when the Balrog seeks shade.
3. You know it is hot outside when Gimli asks Aragorn to toss him in
4. You know it is hot outside when the water in Lady Galadriel’s mirror
5. You know it is hot outside when Sam can fry up nice crispy bacon on
6. You know it is hot outside when the Palantír blows a fuse.
7. You know it is hot outside when Farmer Maggot’s vegetables steam
cook in the field.
8. You know it is hot outside when Legolas’ heat exhausted fan girls
swamp emergency rooms everywhere.
9. You know it is hot outside when it burns Éowyn’s stew and
saves thousands from food poisoning.
10. You know it is hot outside when Gandalf’s fireworks can set
- Dinledhwen/ Dinelleth
11. You know it is hot outside when even Caradhras is sweating. - Daughter of Kings
12. You know it is hot outside
when you can smell Aragorn from three miles away. -
13. you know it's hot outside when
Gandalf the grey becomes Gandalf the shockingly pale at the bywater
pool. - Lindorie
When Gandalf becomes white due to
When Gollum is forced to eat steamed fish fresh from the river...
When the Army of the Dead has to hoof it overland... - Doctor Gamgee