1. "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf to Aragorn and Frodo.
2. "You shall not pass!" Gandalf to the Balrog.
3. "I will take the ring...though I do not know the way." Frodo to the Council.
4. "Don't turn me into anything...unnatural!" Sam to Gandalf.
5. "You need someone with intelligence on this mission...Quest...thing." Pippin to Elrond.
6. "Well, that leaves YOU out then, Pip" Merry responding to Pippin's comment.
7. "Give us the halfling, she elf" Black rider to Arwen.
8. "If you want him, come and claim him." Arwen to Black Riders.
9. "It is my own, my precious." Bilbo talking about his ring to Gandalf.
10. "You have my sword." Aragorn to Frodo.
11. "The shadow does not yet hold sway, not over you or me." Arwen to Aragorn.
12. "Are you frightened? Not nearly frightened enough." Aragorn to Frodo.
13. "I would have followed you into the very fires of Mordor." Aragorn to Frodo.
14. "The world has changed...I can feel it in the water, I can feel it in the earth..." The voice of Galadriel.
15. "Our list of allies grows thin!" Elrond to Gandalf.
16. "Fool of a took! Next time throw yourself in and rid us all of your stupidity!" An angry Gandalf to Pippin.
17. "I choose a mortal life." Arwen to Aragorn.
18. "Instead of a dark lord, you would have a queen, beautiful and terrible. All will love her and despair." Galadriel to Frodo.
19. "They come in pints?" Pippin at The Prancing Pony.
20. "Look, Merry! It's Frodo Baggins!" Pippin at Farmer Maggot's corn field.
21. "Merry, I'm hungry." Pippin whining in Moria.
22. "A wizard is never late, neither is he early, he always arrives precisely when he means to." Gandalf to Frodo.
23. "I don't think he's heard of second breakfast, Pip." Merry to Pippin.
24. "Gandalf, the Ring cannot stay here." Elrond to Gandalf before the start of the Council.
25. "My Preccciiiiiiiiiiiiouss." Gollum.
26. "Find the halflings" Lurtz to his soldiers.
27. " I wish none of this had happened." Frodo to Gandalf.
28. "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." Gandalf's response to Frodo.
29. "No one tosses a dwarf!" Gimli to Aragorn.
30. "You are the footsteps of doom to us." Voice of Galadriel to Frodo.
31. "Old Toby, the best weed this side of South Farthing." Bilbo to Gandalf.
32. "I'll have you, Longshanks!" A ready-to-rumble Sam to Aragorn in Bree.
33. "This isn't a mine...it's a tomb." Boromir describing Moria.
34. "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." Bilbo during his farewell speech.
35. "You shall be the Fellowship of the Ring." Elrond to the nine members of the fellowship.
36. "Great! So where are we going?" Pippin's reply to Elrond's declaration.
37. "I have the eyes of a hawk and the ears of a fox...oh" Gimil, right before he and the hobbits are surrounded by the elves of Lorien.
38. "I ain't been droppin' no eaves, Sir." Sam to Gandalf when caught eavesdropping.
39. "I didn't hear nothing important ‘cept something about a ring, a dark lord and the end of the world." Sam responding to Gandalf's question about what he'd heard.
40. "I made a promise! A promise! Don't you lose him, Samwise Gamgee. And I don't mean to...I don't mean to!" Sam to Frodo.
41. "I think I'm getting the hang of this." Sam commenting on his saucepan fighting skills in Moria.
42. "You have entered the realm of the lady of the wood." Haldor to the Fellowship.
43. "I have passed the test. I will diminish and pass into the west and remain Galadriel." Galadriel to Frodo.
44. "That's an eye-opener, make no mistake." Sam commenting on Moria.
45. "Mister Frodo is not goin' anywhere without me." Sam to Elrond.
46. "No indeed, it is hardly possible to separate you even when he is summoned to a secret council and you are not." Elrond's response to Sam.
47. "It appears your love of the halflings' leaf has clouded your judgement." Saruman to Gandalf.
48. "Urrrp" Breelander, Albert Dreary's belch. (Peter Jackson cameo)
49. "I'm going alone." Frodo to Sam. "Of course you are...and I'm comin' with you." Sam's response to Frodo.
50. Saruman to Lurtz: "Bring back the halflings alive... and unspoiled!"
51. "There is more to this hobbit than meets the eye." Gandalf commenting on Frodo surviving the troll attack.
52. "Let them come! There is one dwarf in Moria that still draws breath." Gimli from atop Balin's tomb.
53. "Many who live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them?" Gandalf to Frodo.
54. "I would rather spend one life with you than all the ages of this world alone." Arwen to Aragorn.
55. "One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them. One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them." Gandalf translating the one ring's runes.
56. "There is only one Lord of the Rings and he does not share power." Gandalf to Saruman before leaping from Orthanac.
57. "It was a pity Bilbo didn't stab that vile creature [Gollum] when he had the chance!" Frodo to Gandalf.
58. "Pity? It was pity that stayed his hand." Gandalf's response to Frodo.
59. "ProudFEET!" Mister Proudfoot, an old hobbit with exceptionally large feet loudly correcting Bilbo during his speech.
60. "If I take one more step, it'll be the farthest away from home I've ever been." Sam, stopping and commenting to Frodo as they journey towards Bree.
61. "No one knows it's here, do they? Do they Gandalf?" Frodo asking about the Ring.
62. "Sam and I must get to Bree." Frodo to Merry.
63. "Right...Bucklebury Ferry" Merry's response.
64. "I know what hunts you." Aragorn to Frodo at Bree.
65. "Keep up Samwise" Gandalf to Sam as they leave Hobbiton with Frodo.
66. "I feel all stretched...like butter scraped over too much bread." Bilbo, describing how he feels to Gandalf.
67. I've thought of a perfect ending for my book, and he lived happily ever after, till the end of his days." Bilbo to Gandalf upon leaving Bag End.
68. "Meriadoc Brandybuck and Perigrin Took, I might have known." Gandalf's gruff reaction to Merry and Pippin's prank.
69. "There's something down there." Frodo to Gandalf in Moria.
70. "The quest balances on the edge of a knife. Stray but a little, and it will fail." Galadriel
71. "Back you Devils!" Sam on Weathertop.
72. "Speak Friend and Enter" Gandalf translating the Elvish inscription on the entrance to Moria.
73. "There are fell voices in the air." Legolas
74. "One does not simply walk into Mordor, There is evil there that does not sleep." Boromir at the Council of Elrond.
75. "You carry the weight of us all little one." Boromir to Frodo.
76. "The ring must go to Frodo." Bilbo agreeing with Gandalf.
77. "Well what are we waitin for?" Gimli's comment before striking the ring at the Council of Elrond.
78. "It's a strange thing that we should suffer so much for so small a thing." Boromir, while staring at the Ring.
79. Baggins? Sure I know him. That's Mr Baggins over there, Mr Frodo Baggins, he's my second cousin once removed on his mother's side." A drunken Pippin to a Breelander at the Prancing Pony.
80. "There hasn't been a dragon in these parts for hundreds of years." Bilbo during the fireworks display.
81. "Something draws near...I can feel it." Legolas to Aragorn.
82. "They are coming." Gandalf in Moria.
83. "To bear a ring of power is to be alone." Galadriel to Frodo.
84. "They will find the ring and kill the one who carries it." Saruman to Gandalf.
85. "We must turn back." Aragorn to Gandalf as the snowstorm increases.
86. "They have a cave troll." Boromir to Aragorn in Moria.
87. "Get off the road!" Frodo to Pippin, Mary and Sam.
88. "What must I do?" Frodo to Gandalf at Bag End.
89. "We have no choice but to trust him." Frodo about Aragorn.
90. "This task is appointed to you and if you do not find a way...no one will." Galadriel to Frodo.
91. "You have officially been declared a disturber of the peace." Frodo to Gandalf.
92. "Of course he suspects something...he's a Baggins!" Bilbo talking about Frodo to Gandalf.
93. "The ring yearns above all else to return to the hand of its master..they are one." Gandalf to Frodo.
94. "You have a stout heart, little hobbit, but your courage alone will not save you." Aragorn to Sam at Bree.
95. "This foe is beyond any of you. Run!" Gandalf to the Fellowship in Moria.
96. "You are the Uruk Hai of Isengard..you do not know pain, you do not know fear, you hunger for manflesh!" Saruman to his Orc soldiers.
97. "...you choose the way of pain!" Saruman to Gandalf.
98. "I would have followed you, my brother...my captain...my King." Boromir to Aragorn.
99. "Where is Gandalf for I much desire to speak with him?" Celeborn to Aragorn.
100. "Let's go hunt some orc." Aragorn to Legolas and Gimli.
101. "Even the smallest person can change the course of the future." Galadriel to Frodo.
102. "I was...delayed" Gandalf to Frodo, in Rivendell
103. "Second breakfast..Elevenses? Luncheon? Tea? Supper? Dinner?" Pippin, growing more desperate [and hungry, to Aragorn
104. "That was great!" "Let's get another one!" Merry & Pippin, just before Gandalf nabs them by the ears at Bilbo's party
105. "Never trust an Elf!" Glimi during the Council at Rivendell
106. "Give the ring to Frodo, Boromir." Aragorn to Boromir on the Northern Pass
107. "Not the beard!" Glimi's exclaimation to Legolas in Moria
108. "Don't disturb the water." Aragorn's advice to Pippin at Balin's Gate, Moria
109. "I carry nothing!" Frodo's protestation to Strider in Bree
110. "They took the little ones!" Boromir's anguished remark to Aragorn
111. "You're drawing entirely too much attention to yourself." Strider to Frodo, as he hauls him upstairs at the Prancing Pony.
112. "I cannot do this alone." Frodo to Galadriel. "You are a Ring-bearer, Frodo. To bear a Ring of Power is to be alone." Galdriel in response.
113. Arwen: "Renech i lu i erui govannem?" (Do you remember when we first met?) Aragorn: "Nauthannem i ned ol reniannen." (I thought I had strayed into a dream)
114. "Will you look into the Mirror?" Galadriel to Frodo. "What will I see?" Frodo to Galadriel. "Even the wisest cannot tell, for the Mirror shows many things: things that are, things that were, and some things that have not yet come to pass." Galadriel in response.
115. Sam: "But where's he taking us?"
116. Sam: "We're going to see the Elves!"
117. "What new devilry is this?" Boromir to Gandalf in the bottom
of the Mines of Moria.